Short-term temporary health insurance for individuals living in the U. S.
This plan, "Short-Term Medical" (STM), offerred through HCC Life Insurance Company (HCC LIfe), is an appropriate solution for individuals -- both U. S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens living in the U.S.-- in need of temporary medical coverage. Short-term medical insurance plan protects against unforeseen accidents and sicknesses, available to:
- -U.S. citizens living abroad who return to America for short-term home visits,
- -Newly arrivals/immigrants in the U.S.
- -Individuals between jobs,
- -New employees waiting for coverage to begin, or
- -Any eligible person who is temporarily without health insurance coverage.
With HCC Life STM, you can choose from a wide range of deductibles, select the exact length of coverage required -- ranging from a few days to a 6-month policy 11-month policy, depending on the State where you reside -- and receive treatment from the doctors and hospitals of your choice. HCC Life STM provides coverage for Inpatient and Outpatient charges, including Inpetient prescription drugs, as well as charges for emergency local ambulance and expenses related to Mental and Nervous Disorders. The available Coverage Period Maximum options are $1 million and $2 million.
To find a specific STM plan for the State of your choice, click Get Quote & Review Coverage.
To download the STM package of the State of Caliifornia including Brochure, Rate Sheet, Application and Certificate of Insurance as a sample, click the links below.
PRE-CERTIFICATION, CLAIMS & CLIENT RESOURCES
CLIENT ZONE - When you become our current customers, the Client Zone of HCCMIS (https://zone.hccmis.com/clientzone/) offers you the following powerful online tools which will help you quickly and effectively view your insurance documents with the power of timely and up-to-date information.
- Medical Referrals
- Claim Information, Claim Subnissions & Claim Forms
- Other Customer Resources (i.e., Policy Fulfillment, Print ID Card, Visa Letter / Visa Letter Destinations, Update Information, Contact Us, U.S. Provider Network, International Provider Network, Resource Center, Change Password)
The following services require Pre-certification:
- All Hospitalizations,
- Computerized Tomography (CAT Scan),
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI),
- Emergency Evacuations,
- Emergency Reunions,
- Trip Interruptions,
- Repatriation of Remains,
- Maternities (first 90 days and within 48 hours of delivery),
Pre-certification may be completed in one of the following manners:
- By a phone call from the patient, a friend or family member, or a representative from the medical provider. (Call xxxxx)
- Download and complete the pre-certification form, then email it to xxxxxxxx.
- You may also pre-certify by submitting the details to us online through the Client Zone. Please click here to complete the pre-certification form online.
(To access the Client Zone, first use your ID and Date of Birth to access the Client Zone and obtain a temporary password, next change it to a permanent password; then use your ID and the password to access all sections of the Client Zone.)
Pre-certification is a requirement of the policy, but it does not provide a guarantee that the services will be covered by the insurance. If you do not pre-certify, medical expenses will be reduced by 50%, and all other expenses will be forfeited.
2) MEDICAL REFERRALS
You are always free to use the medical providers of your choice. Added benefits in the US are available for some plans when the care is provided by a physician within the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO). HCC Medical Insurance Services uses the Coventry network as its PPO listing. You may search for providers within the Coventry network by clicking here.
We strive to provide the most accurate information possible. However, the website is continually being updated, so we encourage you to confirm PPO participation with the doctor. When you make an appointment with the provider, you should verify with the provider’s business office that they are indeed contracted with Coventry (if a contract has recently been changed, it might not yet be reflected on the website).
Use of a PPO provider does not guarantee that the provider will be willing to bill HCCMIS directly or that the services will be covered by the insurance. HCCMIS strives to provide the most accurate information possible, but the PPO listing is information only. We do not recommend the services of these providers over any others. The ultimate choice to seek medical treatment is yours.
For medical treatment outside of the US, you may use the provider of your choice without affect on benefits. HCCMIS can offer assistance with locating providers for many areas overseas. If you need assistance finding a physician abroad, please contact our office. Or, you may search for providers within the International Network by clicking here.
3) CLAIM INFORMATION
Claims Submission – HCC Medical Insurance Services is happy to work directly with any provider, whether local or international. If the provider is willing to submit the bill to us, you the patient will need to submit a completed Claimant’s Statement and Authorization form. If the provider requires you to pay up front, you may submit the original, itemized bills and paid receipts to us with the Claimant's Statement.
When HCC Medical Insurance Services receives the documentation for your claim, a file will be set up and the claims will be reviewed within 15-30 business days. If additional information is needed in order to make a benefit determination, the claim representative will begin a written request. Additional information requests may include: medical records, itemized bills, or copy of passport. Once all necessary information has been received and reviewed, an Explanation of Benefits and any payment check will be issued within ten business days.
Start a Claim Now – You may complete the necessary Claimant's Statements online, then print, sign, and submit them by mail or email. Your forms will be saved for up to 12 months so that you may re-print them if you have a continuing claim. If you prefer not to complete the forms online, you may print blank forms and complete them at your convenience. Please click here to access forms.
|Claimant's Statement & Authorization||English||PDF (49 KB)||Non-US Claim Submission Form||English||PDF (55.44 KB)||Accident Questionaire||English||PDF (75.9 KB)||Dental Claimant's Statement||English||PDF (91.84 KB)|
4) OTHER CUSTOMER RESOURCES
The following customer resources can be acccessed at the Client Zone (you need your ID number and Date of Birth to create a password, then use your ID and the password to gain full access to this site):
- -Policy Fulfillment - View and print my policy fulfillment; print my ID Card
- -Visa Letter - View and print my visa letter
- -Visa Letter Destinations - Update my travel destinations
- -Update Information - View and change information online
- -Contact Us - Directly send my insurance producer an email
- -US Provider Network - Unlimited access to the U.S. hospital and doctor database tools
- -International Provider Network - Unlimited acess to international hospital and doctor database tools
- -Resource Center - View health and wellness information
- -Change Password - Change your current password
1. INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL MEDICAL INSURANCE / ATLAS SERIES
2. INTERNATIONAL STUDENT MEDICAL INSURANCE / STUDENT SECURE
3. U.S. SHORT-TERM MEDICAL (STM)